Wednesday, August 22, 2012

OK - I've got it - what now?

Well - ride the thing of course!

I happen to live around some of the great motorcycle riding roads around in the Queensland Sunshine Coast Hinterland, so the climate is fantastic, the scenery is unbelievable, and the amount of possible great destinations is almost innumerable!

View of the Glasshouse Mountains from the lookout at Mary Cairncross Park
Mt Tibrogargan (foreground) and Mt Beerwah with Crookneck off to the right
Stella in front of Crookneck


So - every chance (read weekend) I get, I'm off somewhere, grinning like a split watermelon, riding around South East Queensland.



This has revealed to me many, many interesting nooks and crannies around the place that I would probably have not come across without this motorbike.

View back to Glasshouse Mtns from Caloundra (Qld)


The ST1300 is a cross between a Sport bike (performance) and a Touring bike (comfort for long hauls) - hence the iteration ST1300 - Sports/Tourer. In Europe - they call her the 'Pan European' - or affectionately - the 'Pan'.

Well, I did this for a few months - loving every minute, but noticed that I rarely saw another one on the road. This got me to thinking........

No comments:

Post a Comment