Thursday, December 6, 2012

Part 4 - Diesel's Spring Clean and Rewiring Project - Fitting and Wiring HID and Halogen Spotlights

Lights and Lighting Wiring


I selected the area above the nose cone to house the twin ballasts of the HID lighting equipment...



















And I set up a negative (earth/ground) busbar to accommodate all the groundings for the front end.

I did this where I removed the now defunct speaker box (pictured is the one on the RHS)...


And I gave it a GOOD earth strap...


Also mounted the 55W halogen (under mirror) spotties' relay here too...


The 'brains' of the HIDs, I mounted in a similar position on the RHS....

















Next was to put the apparatus / equipment in place....

Here, I bend the tabs back on the H4 HID base to make it fit to the H6 coupling in the headlight array...



I mounted a pair of good quality switches to independently operate the HIDs and Halogens...


 And finally - the HID spotlights....


Now it was time to join all the dots - with wires!...



You can see above that I colour coded the wiring to keep everything in check at the various other points of the bike where the leads pop out.

Now to test the system..... Compare this......

















To this....

Aaaah! SUCCESS!





No comments:

Post a Comment